As you plan this year’s garden or begin to harvest asparagus, consider entering our Canning Competition to be highlighted at the October 21 Fall Festival. Here’s how it works:
· Submit 4 jars of your ribbon-worthy item by Monday, October 8. One will be used to judge, the other three will be highlighted & sold at the Country Store at the Fall Festival.
· We will have both an Adult and Junior Competition. Children or Young Adults age 8-18 can enter the Junior Competition.
· Blue Ribbon Winners for each category will receive Bragging Rights!
· The overall most impressive entry will receive a 12 pack of Canning Jars with lids and a $20 gift card.
· Categories include: Dill pickles, Pickled Beans (Green or Waxed), Pickled Asparagus, Pickled Beets, Whole or Quartered Tomatoes, Salsa, Pasta/Pizza Sauce, Sauerkraut, Relish, Chow-Chow, Jams & Jellies, and Horseradish.
· Entries must have been canned within the past year (after October 2018).
· All jars should be labeled on their lid only. Use plain white label with title of entry and date of preservation.
Questions? Contact Jeff Benda #701-799-8299 or email: email@example.com